Universal Care provides a range of services to Looked after Children, Care leavers, Young Parents and their Babies and unaccompanied asylum seeking children and families. We provide a range of accommodation, and support to young people leaving care aged 16+ (dependant on their needs), who are not able to live with their families or guardians or are at risk from homelessness and need assistance in preparing for independent living. The accommodation provided are a combination of good quality self-contained flats and shared housing.
Universal Care strive to ensure that all children, young people are secure and receive practical, emotional and educational support throughout their placement. Universal Care aims to provide a seamless service that offers a resettlement package once the young person is ready to move-on, and in line with the ‘Care Planning Regulations’ assessing all young people based on their needs as opposed to their chronological age.
Universal Care together with the support workers take on a holistic approach to help young people to expand networks of support for themselves in preparation for leaving their placement. Assistance is given to build up knowledge and skills to help young people deal with problems in the future. These range from social and relationship related problems, through to practical skills in cooking, household management and skills in the workplace. Whilst supporting young people, Universal Care aim to build self-esteem and confidence and help young people to fulfill their true potential.
The support includes;
- Initial Risk and Support Assessment
- One-to-One key work sessions
- Monthly progress reports on young person
- Accompany young person to Doctors, Dentist and Opticians
- Accompany young person to Benefits Office/Solicitors/Immigration
- Accompany young person to any services to promote education, employment and training
- Support young people to open bank accounts
- Represent as Appropriate Adult within a 10mile Radius of the placement
- Attendance of LAC Reviews and Pathway Plan reviews
- Assisting young people to access specialist services